Forum Discussion

AttilaBalazs
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

A way to check packages sent trough the network from a desktop application to a remote server

Hi all,

I am curious if there is a way to check packages sent trough the network from a desktop application to a remote server and the responses from the server, or to manipulate the network traffic like for example with Fiddler.

Thanks.

Atti

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Fiddler deals with XML traffic, right?

Use MSXML2.XMLHTTP... you can use that to send XML requests and then parse the responses

AttilaBalazs
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response and your time.

In a more detailed description here is what happens on the project.

We use Oracle SQL both on server and client side.

We have a desktop app that sends requests and expects responses from the server.

These responses do come in XML format as you said.

The functionality that I would need is to stop the network traffic so that for example a request is not sent (intercept it) parse it, verify some values in certain tags, modify values and after send it to the server. The same when receiving responses from the server. We would like to intercept it, like a pause functionality, get the XML values check tag values modify and send it to the client afterwords.

Please let me know if you need more detailed specifications.

Please also bear in mind that I am new to this :) and when you give an answer some source where to read up on some solutions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Atti