Forum Discussion

shaiyoni
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

SwaggerHub On-Premise SMTP disabled

Hi,

Can I set the SMTP to disable If I do not want to send messages in the system? Will the  system work properly without sending messages?

What are the implications for:

1. Invitations 

2. Collaboration

Thanks

Shai

• It's more about adding Users to Organizations other than the default Org (for On-premise).

In On-premise where SSO is enabled, users who are in the correct SMAL/LDAP group will "self-register" into the default Organization as a consumer automatically. 

But to add a user to a different Organization, you must issue an invitation. Invitations are delivered via SMTP. 

5 Replies

• Although SwaggerHub will continue to work without a valid SMTP service available, you will not be able to invite new members to your Organizations.

In the future there will be a User Management API (like the Registry API) which will allow adding and managing SwaggerHub user externally. But for now you will need SMTP/Email delivered invitations. 

shaiyoni
      Occasional Contributor

thank you for the quick reply !

Can I create a new user without sending him an email, create new user manually?

Thanks,

Shai

mhiggins
        Staff

Yes, soon.

Create user will be delivered in a User Management API. There is no firm date for that release yet.