Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SwaggerHub On-Premise SMTP disabled

SOLVED
shaiyoni
Occasional Contributor

SwaggerHub On-Premise SMTP disabled

Hi,

Can I set the SMTP to disable If I do not want to send messages in the system? Will the  system work properly without sending messages?

What are the implications for:

1. Invitations 

2. Collaboration

Thanks

Shai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mhiggins
Staff

Re: SwaggerHub On-Premise SMTP disabled

It's more about adding Users to Organizations other than the default Org (for On-premise).

In On-premise where SSO is enabled, users who are in the correct SMAL/LDAP group will "self-register" into the default Organization as a consumer automatically. 

But to add a user to a different Organization, you must issue an invitation. Invitations are delivered via SMTP. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mhiggins
Staff

Although SwaggerHub will continue to work without a valid SMTP service available, you will not be able to invite new members to your Organizations.

In the future there will be a User Management API (like the Registry API) which will allow adding and managing SwaggerHub user externally. But for now you will need SMTP/Email delivered invitations. 

shaiyoni
Occasional Contributor

thank you for the quick reply !

Can I create a new user without sending him an email, create new user manually?

Thanks,

Shai

mhiggins
Staff

Yes, soon.

Create user will be delivered in a User Management API. There is no firm date for that release yet.

shaiyoni
Occasional Contributor

So, if I understood you correctly, now, it is not possible to create new users without enabling SMTP?

did I understand correctly ?

Thanks,

Shai

mhiggins
Staff

It's more about adding Users to Organizations other than the default Org (for On-premise).

In On-premise where SSO is enabled, users who are in the correct SMAL/LDAP group will "self-register" into the default Organization as a consumer automatically. 

But to add a user to a different Organization, you must issue an invitation. Invitations are delivered via SMTP. 

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors