Forum Discussion

HenrikHL
Frequent Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Pitfalls when publishing an API referencing Domains that are unpublished

Hi, I have stumbled onto a problem when publishing APIs. I have started using the Domains to store common types and components shared among APIs. The Domains are not yet published. When I publish my...
    mhiggins
    3 years ago

the webhook listener should not be deployed on the SwaggerHub VM. I would suggest a small Linux instance on the same sub-net. 

there I would run a small node.js listener that accepts the POST from SwaggerHub and parses the json copy of the spec that is included in the POST payload. 

the parsing would look for $refs that contain the “…/domain/…” url inductive of a domain reference. Parse out the domain location (organization), name and version contained the the url, then use either the swaggerhub cli or the SwaggerHub Registry Api to publish that domain/version. Repeat until the spec is completely parsed. 

the node.js code to do this should be fairly simple, you’ll just need to be able to find the $refs that are remote anchors, then pick out the 3 sub-strings that describe the domain.