Forum Discussion

tleyden
Occasional Visitor
7 years ago
Solved

Is it possible to have a read-only pull sync from a swagger.yaml file hosted on GitHub?

My workflow is as follows:

- All updates happen directly to github, it is the "source of truth", in fact I'm using something called "Goa" which generates the swagger.yml from a higher level API definition design DSL.  So I hope you can see why I would never want to update the swagger.yml anywhere else, since it gets regenerated when design.go is updated.

- I created a Swaggerhub hosted UI for this repo here via Import and Document UI / Pasting the github URL to the raw swagger.yaml 

But now the problem is that if I regenerate the swagger.yaml in github, I don't think it will update the Swaggerhub hosted UI for this API, and so I'll have to manually do it.

I looked into the github integration feature, but I didn't see a way to:

- Point it to my swagger.yaml file.

- Specify "pull only" so it only pulls from github, and never pushes to github.

Is this possible?

• Hi tleyden,

We don't currently have a solution for this, but this is exactly the use-case we're working on solutions for. We expect to have it in Q3.

Would you be open for a quick call? I'd love to hear more details and make sure we'll implement this exactly in a way that solves it for you. You may book a quick call at your convenience using the following link: calendly.com/fbmattos/swaggerhub

Thanks,
    Fernando

1 Reply

fbmattos
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi tleyden,

We don't currently have a solution for this, but this is exactly the use-case we're working on solutions for. We expect to have it in Q3.

Would you be open for a quick call? I'd love to hear more details and make sure we'll implement this exactly in a way that solves it for you. You may book a quick call at your convenience using the following link: calendly.com/fbmattos/swaggerhub

Thanks,
    Fernando