Forum Discussion

ngolubchuk
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Interactive API Docs 'Try it out!' Headers

Hi,

I tried to add 'Cookie' header to my request, but there isn't this header in request that comes to web app.

Here is my header spec:

parameters:
        - name: "Cookie"
          in: header
          type: string
          default: "someCookies"

I also tried to add header through securityDefinitions.

I define my security definitions:

securityDefinitions:
  cookie:
    name: Cookie
    type: apiKey

And add

security: 
        - cookie: []

to my request operation.

But I can't see anything related to security at Interactive API Docs page. And header isn't added.

Are there any restrictions on what headers I can add to my requests when I use 'Try it out!' operation? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Nikita.

• Hi Nikita,

So we've added a preliminary fix.

If you add a Cookie header parameter, and send it via the Interactive Api Doc's Try it our form, it will be proxied to your target server.

However, there is a caveat. We do the above step manually ( or something like that ), and Interactive Api Docs will not hold a cookie that gets sent /back/ from the target server.

We will release this and the 502 Gateway issue this week.

As part of our new release, we've updated the Interactive docs to include an *Authoriazation* button, which might help with your Cookie header... looking forward to see if that gives you the edge you need!

Happy Wednesday :)

Josh

5 Replies

• Hi again,

So you've hit a transport bug, we use cookies to authenticate SwaggerHub requests and they seem to be clashing with the Try It Out requests.

We're working on a solution and apologize for any inconvenience.

We'll post back here, as soon as we know more.

ponelat
      Staff

Hi Nikita,

So we've added a preliminary fix.

If you add a Cookie header parameter, and send it via the Interactive Api Doc's Try it our form, it will be proxied to your target server.

However, there is a caveat. We do the above step manually ( or something like that ), and Interactive Api Docs will not hold a cookie that gets sent /back/ from the target server.

We will release this and the 502 Gateway issue this week.

As part of our new release, we've updated the Interactive docs to include an *Authoriazation* button, which might help with your Cookie header... looking forward to see if that gives you the edge you need!

Happy Wednesday :)

Josh

ngolubchuk
        Occasional Contributor

Hi again

I am very grateful that you're working on my issues.

Do I understand correct that I can add a cookie header to a request , and it will exists in the request, which comes directly into the web application, but I can not get cookie header in the response?

I'm just trying to add a Cookie header to my request through parameters, but I still can't see it in the request that comes to web app.

Here is my spec:

parameters:
                - name: Cookie
                  type: string
                  default: "Some Cookie"