Forum Discussion

jbulck
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

How does collaboration work?

Hi *,

I granted the 'edit' privilege to two colleague developers.  

They are both swaggerhub members.

Now, how to proceed?  

My colleagues don't see the shared API definitions in their environment...

Thank you!

J.

• Hi again J,

Collaboration is about which users can edit /your/ APIs.

If you grant Dave (for instance) edit rights on YourAPI, he can then edit it himself and save those changes.

This is a big point of focus, and there will be a few updates. Starting with autosuggest in the "add collaborator" (which will be in the next release +/- a day or two)

Right now, Dave cannot see a list of APIs he's an collaborator on - but we're working on that, as I write this.

Dave can go to the API page, via a search or direct link. And he'll be able to make changes and save.

A final note.. only the API owner can unpublish and delete at this point.

Josh

1 Reply

• Hi again J,

Collaboration is about which users can edit /your/ APIs.

If you grant Dave (for instance) edit rights on YourAPI, he can then edit it himself and save those changes.

This is a big point of focus, and there will be a few updates. Starting with autosuggest in the "add collaborator" (which will be in the next release +/- a day or two)

Right now, Dave cannot see a list of APIs he's an collaborator on - but we're working on that, as I write this.

Dave can go to the API page, via a search or direct link. And he'll be able to make changes and save.

A final note.. only the API owner can unpublish and delete at this point.

Josh