Forum Discussion

garethdavies
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Comment Drift

We created a new (private) API yesterday, to which I added about a dozen comments this morning. The API designer has begun to respond and has made at least one change. Most of the comments now seem to have “drifted” in the file, no longer associated to the line to which I added them. This isn’t a huge deal with a meticulously worded comment but does confuse things. Has anyone else observed this behavior?

17 Replies

• Hi all,

I'm Josh, the one of the developers assigned to this. While I can't speak to an ETA, this remains a high priority and some issues relating to comments have already been solved. As we continue to stabilize others.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to informing you when this lands in production!

garethdavies
    Occasional Contributor

Possibly related to this is that as the API designer continues to make changes, comments are getting duplicated sometimes 3-4 times. It's becoming hard to track what is going on.

fbmattos
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi garethdavies,

We do have an open issue specifically when users use the "Revert to Last Saved" option.

Would it be possible to share the affected specifications by adding "swaggerhub-support" as a collaborator?

We are looking into the issue and will get back to you asap.

Regards,

Fernando

garethdavies
        Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Fernando. swaggerhub-support has been added to the API in question.

ranjikm
    New Contributor

I am facing the same issue. Comments gets clubbed under one line in case of merge or adding another block in between. Let me know if you find a solution.

fbmattos
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
      Hi garethdavies and ranjikm, We have reproduced the issue and we’re working on a fix for this asap. I apologize for the inconvenience. We will try to deploy this as a hot fix within the next 2 weeks (we already have a release scheduled for next week, so it will come after that). Regards, Fernando
        garethdavies
        Occasional Contributor

Can we please get an updated ETA on this fix? It is causing significant issues for us right now and threatening our adoption of the platform.

• I am also facing the same issue today. I have commented in many lines and found out that all my comments are merged and drifted to the line at the end of the document.