Forum Discussion

giorgos
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Bitbucket synchronization Exception: null

I am trying to integrate Bitbucket with my SwaggerHub API documentation. I have inserted all the required fields and enabled the the integration. When I make a change though and click save I receive an email with the following error.

Integrations on the API "API NAME" produced the following error(s):

Failure in bitbucket: unable to execute Bitbucket Sync plugin with exception: null.

The SwaggerHub Team

What is the problem?

Regards,

Giorgos Ioannidis

• Ok, looks like two things.

First the error message, "Exception: null", is pretty unhelpful.  We'll get that fixed in the next release which will be in one week.

Next, you need to tell the integration what you want it to synchronize.  There are three options to do so--please take a look at part 5 of "Configuring BitBucket Sync" in the help document here:

https://swaggerhub.com/help/integrations/bitbucket-sync

The short answer is, specify the file in the "provided paths" or "managed paths".  In your case, synchronizing the swagger.yaml file, I'd recommend setting "swagger.yaml" in the managed paths section.  Then, that file and only that file will be updated on each save.

Please post back with questions!

3 Replies

• Well that's not a very helpful error, I'm sorry to hear about that.

Could you please share with me the URL to your API so we can look into it?  If you're worried about privacy, you can always send me a private message.

fehguy
      Staff

Ok, looks like two things.

First the error message, "Exception: null", is pretty unhelpful.  We'll get that fixed in the next release which will be in one week.

Next, you need to tell the integration what you want it to synchronize.  There are three options to do so--please take a look at part 5 of "Configuring BitBucket Sync" in the help document here:

https://swaggerhub.com/help/integrations/bitbucket-sync

The short answer is, specify the file in the "provided paths" or "managed paths".  In your case, synchronizing the swagger.yaml file, I'd recommend setting "swagger.yaml" in the managed paths section.  Then, that file and only that file will be updated on each save.

Please post back with questions!

giorgos
        New Contributor

Hello,

You reply was indeed helpful and solved my problem.

Thank you very much,

Giorgos Ioannidis