Forum Discussion

smotz
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

paid plan: account vs. organization

Hi,

I was delighted to see the paid plans for private APIs and order one right away.

When using it the following questions popped up:

When I create an organization, I have to have a separate plan in order to add a privtae API to its scope.

On the other hand no other member of the organization is able to create either a private or public API in the name of this organization.

1) So what is the point in having separate plans then?

2) Is it possible to move the paid plan and billing to another account?

3) My goal would be to create one account as an administrator of an organization. For this organization I would like to have a paid plan. It would be great, if any member of the organization could be allowed to create and edit private API docs for that organization. Is this feature available and I'm just missing it?

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to use swaggerhub and bring it into our organization.

Best regards

Stefan

• Hi Stefan,

We plan on adding additional permisisons at the organization layer, still working out the details.

Right now, indeed only the owner can create new APIs and switch their visibility from public to private and back.

While I can't guarantee, the two options we currently consider are the ability to add owners to an organization, and the ability to give a specific permission to create new APIs and switch visibility to given users.

The plans are indeed managed independently for users and organizations. Since those are independent, it is not possible to move the paid plan between the two.

Thanks for providing the feedback, it certainly helps us.

1 Reply

• Hi Stefan,

We plan on adding additional permisisons at the organization layer, still working out the details.

Right now, indeed only the owner can create new APIs and switch their visibility from public to private and back.

While I can't guarantee, the two options we currently consider are the ability to add owners to an organization, and the ability to give a specific permission to create new APIs and switch visibility to given users.

The plans are indeed managed independently for users and organizations. Since those are independent, it is not possible to move the paid plan between the two.

Thanks for providing the feedback, it certainly helps us.