Forum Discussion

dunkc
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

What happened to my API

I wrote an API in pure YAML format but this seems to have been altered overnight. Quotes have been added around the attribute values, slashes have been added to multi-line descriptions and the object description field has moved to the last attribute of the object (rather than the first where I had it).

The last saved time still showed as when I saved it the previous day but the API definition looks vastly different. IS there some background processing that Swagger-Hub does we should be aware of?

• Hi,

When we parse the definitions on the back-end, the formatting of the YAML does indeed get reformatted to use quotes and multi-line text strings.  But this should only happen when exporting the data from the back-end when pushing to github, etc.  It shouldn’t affect the editor.

Can you share the full path to the definition so we can look at the events that could have triggered this?

Tony

2 Replies

• Hi,

When we parse the definitions on the back-end, the formatting of the YAML does indeed get reformatted to use quotes and multi-line text strings.  But this should only happen when exporting the data from the back-end when pushing to github, etc.  It shouldn’t affect the editor.

Can you share the full path to the definition so we can look at the events that could have triggered this?

Tony

dunkc
      Occasional Contributor

I've discussed this with Tony outside of the community posts and the re-formatting happens when the API is published, in my case published to Azure API management.

This behavior is going to change with the next, imminent, release.

Closing the thread