Forum Discussion

krest
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Is there an option to disable clickable methods and links in editor?

Is there an option to disable clickable methods and links in editor?

Looks like it's a new feature you added lately.

I believe for many users including me it makes editing not comfortable, as many times when I'm trying to select text in editor I accidentally clicking on method/reference/aws arn, and it throws me away from the place I've been. I'm not talking about editing, if I want to edit something in the middle of method name, I need to click on right/left of it, and then move with arrows to the place I want to edit. It's awful! Did you try it before releasing this feature?

It's really bad, and makes me crazy. In many editors such a behavior is done using Ctrl+click, but you don't expect that any editor would throw you away with regular click on text.

• Hi Dima,

Thanks for getting on a call with us last week!

We pushed a fix last Friday for the issue above. I've looked at the spec you shared and it seems to be fixed. Could you try it out and provide any feedback?

The 'jump-to' button is still a bit laggy and we're trying to improve it.

Thanks,

Fernando

3 Replies

AmandaMQuinn
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Krest,

Thank you for the feedback! I am one of the UX designers at SmartBear and would love to hear a bit more about any suggestions you have on this topic or any that apply to Swagger, SwaggerHub or any of our API products. We are focused on updating the UX and would like to offer an intelligent and fun experience for our users, so you! Originally, we had decided to fix functional pieces as we go but have recently decided to take a step back, evaluate and ask our customers what they really need and want. I would love to have a follow up meeting with you sometime this week if you are available. Please contact me via the community or email anytime to schedule.

- Amanda

amanda.harper@smartbear.com

fbmattos
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dima,

Thanks for getting on a call with us last week!

We pushed a fix last Friday for the issue above. I've looked at the spec you shared and it seems to be fixed. Could you try it out and provide any feedback?

The 'jump-to' button is still a bit laggy and we're trying to improve it.

Thanks,

Fernando

krest
      New Contributor

Hi Fernando!

Yes, the issue is fixed and everything works well!

Yeah, "Jump-to" is a good solution to that, and as you said it's a bit laggy, e.g. if I mouse over the link, and then scroll with mouse wheel, the tooltip doesn't dissapear.

Thank you for the fast resolution and openess to the community :)