Forum Discussion

johnwang
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Integrate SwaggerHub with Shibboleth IDP

Following the documentation of SwaggerHub, https://support.smartbear.com/swaggerhub/docs/enterprise/user-management/sso/saml-settings.html, I created a metadata file. But, the metadata file does not contain SSL certificate of SwaggerHub on-prem. So, the Shibboleth IDP does not accept it. Did anyone integrate with SwaggerHub on-prem with Shibboleth IDP? How did you create your metadata? Any ideas are appreciated.

John Wang

• This issue was resolved by 

1. Tuning the Shibboleth IDP to set encryptAssertions to be false, signAssertions to be false,  and signResponses to be true

2. On the SwaggerHub (on-prem) side, using Redirect binding instead of POST binding for SAML Identity Provider SSO URL.

I think it will be helpful for whose who use Shibboleth Identity Provider as SAML IDP.

Best regards,

John Wang

1 Reply

johnwang
    New Contributor

This issue was resolved by 

1. Tuning the Shibboleth IDP to set encryptAssertions to be false, signAssertions to be false,  and signResponses to be true

2. On the SwaggerHub (on-prem) side, using Redirect binding instead of POST binding for SAML Identity Provider SSO URL.

I think it will be helpful for whose who use Shibboleth Identity Provider as SAML IDP.

Best regards,

John Wang