Forum Discussion

HenrikHL
Frequent Contributor
2 years ago

Feature or Bug?

It seems like the rendering of the Yaml spec has recently changed. When an attribute is "unfolded":

Then it does not seem like it is possible again to "fold" the object:

Is this a feature or a bug?

Also it seems strange that "simple-types" need to be unfolded? This was rendered differently a couple of weeks ago?

Below is the corresponding YAML:

reference:
      type: object
      description: |
        references provided by the shipper or freight forwarder at the time of booking or at the time of providing shipping instruction. Carriers share it back when providing track and trace event updates, some are also printed on the B/L. Customers can use these references to track shipments in their internal systems.
      properties:
        type:
          $ref: '#/components/schemas/referenceType'
        value:
          $ref: '#/components/schemas/referenceValue'
      required:
        - type
        - value
    referenceType:
      type: string
      description: ...
      enum:
        - FF
        - SI
      example: FF
    referenceValue:
      type: string
      maxLength: 100
      description: The actual value of the reference. 

5 Replies

pimg
    New Contributor

this is super annoying, not only does one need to unfold all fields in order to see the details of them. It also becomes exceedingly harder to know if a field is a simple type and object or an array. Because when folded SwaggerHub displays them all the same. 

HenrikHL
    Frequent Contributor

It would be great to get a SmartBear comment on this...

chichepo
      Champion Level 3

HenrikHL 
      Indeed, it unfolds simple variable and there is no more folding option.
      it keeps fold/unfold the objects or the arrays
      I looked at the "What's new" list to see if something happened in the last versions but didn't find any mention of that.

It's not a big deal by the way. I guess it makes sense.
      Is that so inconvenient for you?

HenrikHL
    Frequent Contributor

Hi chichepo 

Thanks for your answer.

Personally I think it is very annoying that all simple types need to be unfolded in order to read them - not quite sure I understand why this has changed (since it is not being mentioned in the "What's new" I suspect it is a sideeffect from fixing other stuff... 😞 )

Please change it back again so simple types are unfolded by default

• HenrikHL

This is more an issue with SwaggerUI than SwaggerHub itself - I would encourage you to raise this question with our support people for research: https://support.smartbear.com/swaggerhub/message/

We do indeed import the newest version of the open source swagger ui every couple months, and the last time was at the end of October ( you can see this on the What's new page), hence why you are seeing this change. I looked through the (closed) issues on the GitHUb but I can't see which one would cause this. You can raise your issue there to get it directly to the open source team: https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-ui