Forum Discussion

chadboyer
New Contributor
3 years ago

Compare for breaking changes

We are looking to identify breaking contract changes as part of our CI/CD process.   We have a lot developers working our our API and want to be able to identify these potential breaking contract changes in an automated fashion.

Can this tool be extended to allow us to do this?   Or do you know of a tool that could?

2 Replies

• There is a great diff/breaking change tool, it’s a docker container called openapi-diff. 

I have incorporated it into a ci/cd bash script also using the SwaggerHub Registry API to allow the pipeline to be informed of breaking changes between versions AND wether to “exit 1” (error fail) or not if there are. 

if you are interested, please contact your Sales person and ask for a call with Micheál Higgins (me). 

chadboyer
    New Contributor
    Yes, I’d like a demo of this.

Thanks!

[signature_1594063014]

17605 Wright St., Omaha, NE 68130
    ​p: 402-658-5445
    chad@orion.com | www.orion.com

THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED. If this message was misdirected, Orion Advisor Solutions, LLC and its affiliated entities, ("Orion") do not waive any confidentiality or privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and destroy the message without disclosing its contents to anyone. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not reflect the views and opinions of Orion, unless the author is expressly authorized by Orion to present such views or opinions on its behalf. All email sent to or from this address is subject to electronic storage and review by Orion. Although Orion takes measures to guard against electronic viruses, it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever caused by viruses being passed.