Forum Discussion

aaronstackpole
6 years ago

aspnetcore generate server requirements

After creating my API definitoin, I click Generate Server -> aspnetcore and download the solution files. After extracting the files and opening the SLN, the project fails to load. I have tried this with the latest version of Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017, but I must be missing some workload components. Can someone provide a reference or link to details on what's required to open the aspnetcore Generated Server solution? I'm not sure how to modify the project based on the error message provided below.

The following error message is posted when attempting to load the project:

C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\aspnetcore-server\src\IO.Swagger\IO.Swagger.csproj : error  : The default XML namespace of the project must be the MSBuild XML namespace. If the project is authored in the MSBuild 2003 format, please add xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" to the <Project> element. If the project has been authored in the old 1.0 or 1.2 format, please convert it to MSBuild 2003 format.  C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\aspnetcore-server\src\IO.Swagger\IO.Swagger.csproj