cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to fetch default response

Visitor

Failed to fetch default response

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the "Undocumented   TypeError: Failed to fetch" response inside of the Swagger UI.

This is not a CORS issue, I am not interested in fixing this error.
Is there a way to present this reponse in some other way, can I create my own default placeholder response for this?
This error would happen when the server is down. I want to have default response for this like: Server is down.

I realize that there is a default options I can add to reponses in yaml file, but this does not work if the server does not respond. Of course, there is no error code, there is just Status: (failed) (inside of the inspect Chome network tab).

Can I somehow cover this response, make it my own?

If that is not possible, can I make any not documentet request default to some http reponse code, like 500 for example?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Failed to fetch default response

Hi @msens, there's no way to do this unfortunately. Swagger UI won't let you "fake" a response when the entire request fails.

If you want this behavior, I suggest putting a load balancer or reverse proxy in front of your server that is capable of sending back HTTP 500 responses when your API server is unavailable.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the New Interview
APITestingMistake#2
Top Kudoed Authors