Forum Discussion

abomans
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

where to get older versions of ReadyAPI from Smartbear?

Hi, in particular, I would like to get ReadyAPI 3.0.0 from Smartbear. I found one on dl.eviware.com/ready-api/readyapi (dot)htm but it does not start perfectly and I wonder whether that (and other problems) are due to this particular installation. Thanks, Arnold

• Hey abomans

Have you tried one of the other downloads? I.e. .zip rather than .exe download?
    On the page youve linked to, there are multiple instances of readyapi! packaged up with various different compression containers. Have you tried one of the other options?
    Also you mention the version you tried downloading didnt start perfectly. Can you please describe what you mean? Cos id suggest downloading readyapi!.exe from one server would be pretty much the same as downloading the same from a different mirror

Ta

Rich

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey abomans

Have you tried one of the other downloads? I.e. .zip rather than .exe download?
    On the page youve linked to, there are multiple instances of readyapi! packaged up with various different compression containers. Have you tried one of the other options?
    Also you mention the version you tried downloading didnt start perfectly. Can you please describe what you mean? Cos id suggest downloading readyapi!.exe from one server would be pretty much the same as downloading the same from a different mirror

Ta

Rich
      abomans
      New Contributor

Thanks, Yes, actually I did download ReadyAPI-3.0.0-windows-bin (dot) zip. (I got my notes wrong, sorry!) Your reply answers my question in another way, that is, this is the right site to get older versions from. When I start ReadyAPI, the error messages (' invalid...' , 'failed to...' ) go by too rapidly to be readable. I could not find a sensible log file. I trust this is the best way to stick to 3.0.0. so I consider this issue as closed.

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey abomans,

I think the warnings you are seeing are a holdover from older versions of readyapi! I remember seeing warnings myself when readyapi! loads about missing files/folders.....i know for a fact that hermesJMS has altered significantly over the versions of readyapi!

So nope....i wouldnt worry about anything until it actually impacts running readyapi!

Nice one

Rich