Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
16 years ago

using composite project with source control (MS TFS)

Hello,
I am trying to see how to regulate using source control with composite projects and need some advice.

I am thinking that if more than 1 user are working on a project then each user should only check out the testcase xml file or testsuite folder.

However this prevent soapui from saving the project since the non-checked out files are 'read-only'.

maybe soap-ui can only save the files that are checked out (skipping over any read-only files) and the user can only checkin the testcase/testsuite

not sure what the best strategy is.

Ali

1 Reply

Robert_Nemet
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello,

Right now, when saving whole composite project soapUI checks if test case/test suite, mock operation etc. is changed and is it writeable. If both conditions are true than that item is saved. If file is not writeable and it is changed you'll get message that something is not saved. In any case you be notified what is saved and what is not and why. Check soapUI log.  You can save each test case ( and others )  from pop up menu ( composite operations/save ). This way saving only item which you worked on.
    I suggest to make writeable only those items you are working on so you can save them and than you can commit only them. Check soapUI log to see what items are changed.
    At this moment soapUI does not have integration with any source control thus it don't know anything about checked in/checked out files.
    Hope this helps. Tell me how it worked for you.

Robert