Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

test execution stuck running

SOLVED
Frequent Contributor

test execution stuck running

Hello,

I have a problem with ReadyAPI on some tests.

When I run a test, "[RUNNING]" appears besides it, but it does not dissapear. I don't know if the test fails or not and I can execute any of the test's other steps. It is also possible to execute it again. If so, the arrow goes from green to grey and the test step is blocked.

On several steps, I have information that appears between [] if I play them again, they get stuck.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem  ?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor

Re: test execution stuck running

Thanks, I'll check that.

On the overall, I had unstability problems, my dashboard had dissapeared. Maybe it's because I had several projects opened ? anyway I had a message indicating that JVM heap needed to be increased.

I closed the projects (in fact I tried but I was stuck, so I removed soapui-settings.xml and default-soapui-workspace.xml from users) and went back to a 'clean' state and it seems to be ok so far.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Hero

Phuh... don't think I saw this before. Could you share a print screen with us? Maybe this clarifies the problem a little bit.

If my answer helped please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button.
Community Hero

Hi,

About a two months ago I had this occur for about 2 or 3 weeks - I never determined what the problem was though.  I was using ReadyAPI! v2.3.0 and what I did notice was that if I killed ReadyAPI! it corrupted not just the project that was executing but also OTHER projects in ReadyAPI!.  

I can't really provide a fix, but I wanted to highlight that when it was occurring I got into the habit of watching the process in taskmanager - if there were changes in the memory option on the ReadyAPI! process and I killed ReadyAPI! - it corrupted the projects, but if I left it running until the memory was static, I was able to kill the process without it corrupting the project files.

Cheers,

richie

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the title of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems.
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I'll check that.

On the overall, I had unstability problems, my dashboard had dissapeared. Maybe it's because I had several projects opened ? anyway I had a message indicating that JVM heap needed to be increased.

I closed the projects (in fact I tried but I was stuck, so I removed soapui-settings.xml and default-soapui-workspace.xml from users) and went back to a 'clean' state and it seems to be ok so far.

Community Hero

Hi @krogold

I don't know anything about the dashboard disappearing - but it sounds like you've got the issue resolved for now.

Memory issues have been mentioned lots of times on the forum - if you check https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/Best-value-for-XX-MaxPerSize-for-a-8GB-Ram-Laptop/m-p/... it includes some links for guidance on altering your readyapi.vmoptions file to crank your heap to the optimal.

cheers,

richie

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the title of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems.

I removed the setting.xml and spoaui-workspace.xml from users but still my test execution is stuck. I have a requirement to automate 4000 test cases. It is a sort of regression. I have developed 500 so far but while execiting the ready API gets stuck.. teh progress baar shows 199 out of 500 have executed haf way through and the ready API is stuck there. Could you please suggest how to proceed further?

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the New Interview
7Mistakes
Join the exciting event
SeptemberHubBub
Top Kudoed Authors
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win