Forum Discussion

Michael_Heinze
Contributor
15 years ago

soapui pro 3.0.1 on vista 64 bit startup error on jvm

hello,

i have installed the latest nightly build of pro 3.0.1 on a new installed vista 64bit with a 64bit jdk installation. whenever i start sopaui i am getting this error:

the jvm could not be started. the main method may have thrown an exception.

there is no java_home setting or entry in the path variable for java.

where can i set soapui to use the included jvm?

regards,
Chris

8 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Chris,

Just so I understand; you used the installer to install soapUI Pro on this machine and are getting this error when trying to start it? Is there a soapui-errors.log file in the soapuipro\bin folder?

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,

correct, i installed with the installer .exe file.

no error file is created yet.

regards,
    Chris
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Chris,

we're preparing a 64-bit installer to see if that helps.. meanwhile you can try the binary zip which will use the system JRE instead.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,

thanks. does that mean that there will be a 64bit version of soapui as well? (as there is a 64bit java now available)

regards,
    Chris
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Chris!

Sure, if you use a 64-bit JRE, then soapUI will be run as a 64-bit application, with the main advantage of being able to use more memory. The installer will for now only bundle the 32-bit JRE, so you will need to use the binary zip to be able to do this.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Chris,

Latest build at http://www.eviware.com/nightly-builds/2 ... pro/3.0.1/ now has two options for
    windows 64 bit installers, one with bundled 32 bit jre, and one with no bundled jre. Could you please check them both and see which one works for you. Since we don't have an option of testing 64-bit installers we would very much appreciate if you do it for us.

Thank you very much and Regards,

/Dragica
    eviware.com
  • Hi,

thanks for the really fast response!

i have tested the soapUI-Pro-x64-3_0_1.exe with the preinstalled java 64 bit and it installs (except the icon) ok. i could start sopaui and run testcases without any problems.

then i uninstalled this version and installed the bundled version but got an error when starting: the jvm found at {0} is damaged. please reinstall or define EXE4_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 64-bit JDK or JRE.

i then uninstalled java completely and tried to reinstall the bundled version but i got this error: could not use the bundled JRE

i have sent the install log file to Ole by email.

regards,
    Chris
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your effort in testing these installers for us. We did assume that bundled version won't work but now we got proof . We'll check the log file too.
    If you have any further problems with the installed 64 bit version please let us know.

Regards,

/Dragica
    eviware.com