Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
17 years ago

soapui + luntbuild + tomcat issue

Hello,
While using soapui 1.7.6 with luntbuild 1.5.3 and tomcat 5.5, my automation run (about 16 soapui projects) used to run fine.

However I am noticing that with soapui 2.0.2, tomcat will hit the maximum setting for memory and will stop responding after some time. I check the tomcat logs and it points to java heap size out of memory.

My question is the this some how related to soapui or is this more of a luntbuild issue ?

any help would be appreciated.

Ali

6 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

As fas as I know, luntbuild runs the soapUI tests in their own process, so the Tomcat process shouldn't be affected by any increased memory requirements by soapUI 2.0.2. Maybe the log output from soapUI has increased which uses up the tomcat/luntbuild processes' memory? Maybe you can try increasing the memory setting for Tomcat to see if it helps?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    I think you might be right about the log output of luntbuild causing the issue. We are moving to a new project and there are lots of failures at the moment and the luntbuild log gets fairly large. I will try to disable the log and see if this happens again.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

Unfortunately not. Which luntbuild version are you using?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    1.5.3. I also tried with 1.5.6 but no luck.

I am also looking into hudson as a replacement for luntbuild.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

ok.. I've had a look at the Hudson Plugin architecture, we could pretty easily create a "SoapUIBuilder" that runs soapUI tests, but running them via Hudsons maven or ant support should work just as well..

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com