Forum Discussion

Bryan_Nahrwold
Contributor
16 years ago

soapUI deletes tags with no data.

We have a test case for an operation that includes two attributes, tags, whateve you call them, that contain no data.  If these empty tags are not present, the operation either fails or returns invalid information.

The soap is:

smx-username
        smx-password

AdminUser
        AdminPassword

The two tags in question are:

Either when the project is first opened, or some time later on, these two tags will disappear.  Behavior of the operation becomes unpredictable.  This is a major headache for us to keep reentering these tags before executing our tests.

We are using:
soapUI 2.0.2 Pro, copyright (C) 2004-2007 eviware.com http://www.soapui.org | http://www.eviware.com Build soapuipro-dist-286, Build Date 2008/01/28 15:35

Most of us are using Firefox 2.00.15 as our test product is not yet compatible with Firefox 3.0.  The product is used on a combination of W2K3 SP2 and  WXP SP2.

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

hmm.. are these two elements defined as required in the schema for your WSDL?

Maybe you can attach or mail me the WSDL (ole@eviware.com) so I can try to reproduce?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Not sure if this is the kind of thing to post in its entirety on the forum.  I have sent it to you separately with the subject:

WSDL for Topic: soapUI deletes tags with no data

Thanks for looking at this.  It will be coming from address:  bnahrwold@comcast.net
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Bryan,

thanks, I got your mail and will get back to you!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Bryan,

sorry about the delay on this.. the reason is that the elements are defined as optional in the schema and the form-editor removes them if they have no content.. are you targeting these from property-transfers?

I can come up with two solutions:

1) Create a "Remove empty optional elements/attributes" option on the request level (default = true) that can be unselected to leave them
    2) Have some kind of UI-possibility to differentiate between empty string an no value at all; this would be more flexible but may be confusing!?

What do you think?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com