Forum Discussion

jstrauss64
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

rest service xml payload disappears from editor

I have a test case where in my tests I compare the response from an old service to the response from a new service. The endpoints to the two services are different. I'm supplying the request payload for the old service as XML and the payload for the new service is JSON. When I run the tests that I have set up, they are both successful. Each one calls the appropriate service and returns a valid response.

The problem I'm having is that when I close the editor for the old service, the XML is not retained. The result is, every time I want to run the test I have to paste the XML into the request tab of the editor. Also, if I click form tab the XML values are deleted and I have to paste it again. If I click the outline or raw tab, the XML is retained.

That is not happening on the tests for the new service. The JSON that I paste into the request tab is there when I reopen the editor. When I click the tabs (form, outline, raw) the JSON is retained.

My workaround is that I open the tests for the old service and paste the XML into the editor for each test (there are four), then run the four tests. Then I run the tests for the new service. As long as I keep the tests for the old service open in the editor, the data is "cached", so the comparisons can be done.

I have clicked around to see if there is a setting I can change to get the XML to stay in place, but I have not found anything. Granted, I am new to using ReadyAPI, so I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place. I have searched to see if this is a known issue, and I cannot find this scenario described by anyone else.

Can someone point me to a solution?

2 Replies