Forum Discussion

senthil1
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

not able to delete Test Suite

I have a Test suite with test cases, Even if I delete the this entire test suite, save and restart readyAPI, the test suite comes back. There is a link in loadui NG, I deleted the test in loadUI also. When I save, close and re open, the Test suite comes back. 

Regards

Senthil

• You can edit your project XML file and delete testsuite from it.

Search for con:testSuite tag in which name property should be your testSuite name. Delete this tag values and tag.

Note: You can use eclipse or some other good XML editor to edit this file easily.

-Ritesh

3 Replies

GCushman
    Occasional Contributor

I had same problem with a project I created in 1.3.1.  Besides the deleted Test Suites coming back, I also ended up with multiple copies of some of them.  I finally gave up and created a new project (in 1.3.1) and cloned just the items I wanted to it. Once I was satisifed that it was working correctly, I converted it to a composite project and then upgraded to 1.6.  It was painful but seemed the best route.  So far I haven't had to delete any test cases or test suites from this new project and honestly a little fearful about doing it.

Greg

RiteshY
    Occasional Contributor

You can edit your project XML file and delete testsuite from it.

Search for con:testSuite tag in which name property should be your testSuite name. Delete this tag values and tag.

Note: You can use eclipse or some other good XML editor to edit this file easily.

-Ritesh

senthil1
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks,

Ritesh, I tried chaning setting.xml, element.order. It looks better, 3 files removed. But 2 files remains, I can live with this..

Greg, your method is tedious for me. 

Senthil