Forum Discussion

VReplogle
Occasional Contributor
16 years ago

maven automated "run test case" loses error info

Hello,

We are using the maven 2 plugin to run our SOAP U.I. project in an automated fashion.  For normally run test cases, when exceptions get thrown we see a lot of great output such as what was sent in and what exception came back -- the whole xml tree for both request and response.  However, if we are using the "Run a test case" step and an exception gets thrown inside that test case...the response back is murky at best:

"  X test case Failed
  [Response is a SOAP Fault]

Time Taken: 488
  Size: 0
  Timestamp: Thu Oct 02 10:36:16 EDT 2008
  TestStep: X test case
  Response is a SOAP Fault  "

Any chance there's a way to get the rest of the info to float out of there?  It is making it hard to debug our test cases.  Thank you!

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, we'll try to have this fixed for upcoming maven-plugin release..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    VReplogle
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks, Ole.

I guess my unstated question is also "is there some other way / place that I could go to personally track the progress without your intervention?"  A notification when it is done would still be great though :-)

I wasn't sure if the visibility was that high (to soap u.i. users) or not -- other than watching for release notes at new version times.  Thanks!