Forum Discussion

sbpatterson
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

load properties

I am tyring to create a DataSink to an output file, but when I try to load property names from an external file the tool does not import any property names from the header row (the file is actually empty except for header row with the property names).

What am I doing incorrect? 

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi sbpatterson,

Could you please clarify how exactly you import data from the external file?

sbpatterson
      Occasional Contributor

In my test case I have the following steps:

DataSource

SOAP request

DataSink

DataSource Loop

The DataSource (input) is a data file, then the request step runs and I would like to place the responses in a data file. I have a data file with header information that I would like to use as the properties. 

I am trying to use the "Load poperty values from an external file" in order to 'import' the property names (about 40 properties) so that I can map the values from the response in the SOAP request.

Am I not doing this correctly??  I would like to actually load the property NAMES from a file and not Values. 

SmartBearAmber
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

You can import property names (header values) from an Excel Spreadsheet for a DataSource, but not for a DataSink at this time. A request for enhancement has been made.