Forum Discussion

akey1982
New Contributor
7 years ago

invaild chars in request body

hello, 

i try to send a simple (REST)post request with a json body.

The problem is SOAP UI NG isn't able to add a vaild json body (see attachment), instead of that they are invaild chars.

Related to this problem the endpoint throws an expection.

If using postman everthing works fine.

Version.

Ready API 2.0.0

i hope you can help 

regards,

Alex

5 Replies

Debz
    Contributor

Hi, I've seen in the forums before that using Lucida Sans Unicode font or setting Preferences > UI Settings to default look and feel fixes some issues with special characters. Then one of my coworkers suggested to select the REST test step, check on the Properties, and click on the field for the encoding. You have the option there to select ISO or UTF. You might want to try those. The last one worked on our end when foreign characters were getting converted to weird characters.

akey1982
      New Contributor

Hi, I've seen in the forums before that using Lucida Sans Unicode font or setting Preferences > UI Settings to default look and feel fixes some issues with special characters.

This setting is not available in Ready API, or iam confused

Then one of my coworkers suggested to select the REST test step, check on the Properties, and click on the field for the encoding. You have the option there to select ISO or UTF. You might want to try those. The last one worked on our end when foreign characters were getting converted to weird characters.

i tried once to UFT-8 and iso it does'nt work :-(  see attachment

IgorG
        Staff

> This setting is not available in Ready API, or iam confused

Its probably in the Editor tab.

Not sure what causes such behavior through. If no one here can help, make sure to contact the support team, they will either help or ask the developers for a solution.