Forum Discussion

krogold
Regular Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

how to store log.info into external file

Hello,

I'm currently trying to output (in a simple way) the logger info into an external file, ie. output the content of the Script Log tab in a file.
I had a look to the existing log files from readyAPI but none of them provides me with the relevant information only

can anyone help, please ?

Thanks

Alex
  • When I use log.info, I see all of my messages in the groovy.log file. Ensure you have logging enabled? I think there's a setting for that somewhere.

5 Replies

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

The log.info call already gets stored in an external log file stored in (example is windows)

c:\users\USERNAME\.readyapi\logs

Do you need more than that? If so, you may want to consider writing to a file yourself, because there will be a lot more written to logs than you may want to consume. 

krogold
      Regular Contributor

Well, I knew that, but in fact I can't find my logs in those files, I don't know why.

I want to trace events during execution of a test case, which shows in the 'Script Log' tab of ready API, and I thought this would be also available in the logs of readyAPI.

But I'm afraid I'll have to do this programmatically.

Unless there is some extra log generation if I use testRunner instead of launching my test directly from readyAPI ?

anyway, thanks for answering

Alex

groovyguy
        Champion Level 1

When I use log.info, I see all of my messages in the groovy.log file. Ensure you have logging enabled? I think there's a setting for that somewhere.