Forum Discussion

Awesome
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

getting teststep results in report

hi,

is there an easy way to get the results of each 'teststep' included with the default results files (index.html)?

thanks!

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

no, HTML/Junit-Style reports are pretty fixed.. the Jasper-based reports could be customized pretty easily, if that is an alternative let us know what you need and we'll help you forward..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Awesome
    Frequent Contributor
    hi Ole,

i have soapui integrated with Hudson (the CI server) as follows:

1) i have jobs in hudson which call individual testsuites in my soapui project using the command line testrunner
    (as a side note the testrunner flag '-c' doesn't seem to work to call just the testcase it still run the whole suite...)
    2) Hudson can pick up the junit reports that soapui outputs, it can also pickup the coverage reports using the 'javadocs' plugin.

my questions:
    1) within each testcase i have many 'request test steps' which i'd like to see if they passed or failed. i don't get this info from the junit style reports. so what is the best way to expose the results of the teststeps within a testcase in a manner which hudson can then pickup and display...

2) if a testcase does fail, the info displayed in the junit style report is much harder to interpret (sometimes not possible) versus interpreting via the gui. is there an easier way to organize the results? i'm assuming with jasper i can create a template to do this, but i'm still very confused... ive been going over the info you have on your blog, so i might need to reread that a couple times.

any examples would be great if you have time.

thanks again!
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    You should take a look at the already existing TestCase Jasper reports. They provide a lot of information about failed TestCases. Let us know if we can help you make them clearer and more appropriate for what you need.