Forum Discussion

tech321
Contributor
4 years ago

getFetchSize() is not supported.

I know this issue is probably a duplicate, but I am asked to post it anyway. I am trying to connect to a cosmos DB via SoapUI by using a JDBC driver that I have downloaded from Cdata, and here are the results:

1- The Build Sql Query works fine - please see the attached file 'buildSqlQuery.png'

2- When I try to run the step in the test case, then I get the "getFetchSize() is not supported." message. - please see the attached 'testStepError'. 

My question is whether any one knows the cause of the error 'getFetchSize() is not supported.', and what can I do to solve it. 

7 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey tech321,

crina found a workaround late in 2019 ....please see
    https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/An-error-occured-getFetchSize-is-not-supported/m-p/202113#M46238

I actually knew this so dont know why i didnt suggest this last time this popped up, but cosmosdb has exposed REST APIs that allows you to query via REST rather than jdbc. This looks like its due to a driver issue so querying via REST would get you round this rather than using the amazon sdk option i linked to.

Cheers,

Rich
      tech321
      Contributor

Thanks richie for the link. Sorry it is probably me that can not find the solution in the link you have suggested. I am not sure whether the solution is supposed to be in the "1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION" section or in the replies or some where else. I appriciate more elaborate answer.

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey @tech123,

I googled "amazon sdk java jdbc connection dynamodb" and there are a number of links that might help.

I believe that the previous forum user who resolved this issue did something like this.

I cant be more help i'm afraid cos ive never tried setting up a cosmos/dynamodb connection before.
        To be honest, i think the REST request option is probably easier.

Nice one

Rich