Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data source query

SOLVED
Contributor

data source query

Hi Team,

I have a scnerio where I need to fetch request data from data source and sink the response data in source file.my data is as below.so for below 4 fields we have differenct scnerios in a excel sheet and i tried to feetch excel sheet data into request like-${DataSource#LifeCycle},${DataSource#LifeStage},${DataSource#Loyalty_ID},${DataSource#PLCC_ID} in request.

below are the fields:-

LifeCycle:1

LifeStage:2

LoyaltyIndicator:true

PLCCIndicator:false

when i send this request I got 1 error as-

"Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: org.codehaus.jackson.map.JsonMappingException: Can not construct instance of boolean from String value '': only "true" or "false" recognized
at [Source: com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.http.HttpInputStream@8813ee4a&#59; line: 38, column: 10] ",observed that error is due to LoyaltyIndicator,PLCCIndicator fields.

so my question is how i fetch this 2 fields data with data source in my request,is it the right approch-${DataSource#Loyalty_ID},${DataSource#PLCC_ID} ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor

Re: data source query

Hi Amarnath,

Could you please try below approach for the issue:-

1. Format the excel cell and set as "Text". -> Right click on the cell->Format Cells->From Category->Select Text.
  2. And then in groovy code:- String localtyID = ${DataSource#Localty_ID}.

Hope, this can help you out. Let me know after you try this approach and send the screenshot of the error you get.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Lucian@msiadak, we need your knowledge here. What can you suggest?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

i don't know if this helps, but have you tried convertion boolean "true" and "false" to string?

boolean PLCCIndicator = true;
String str = String.valueOf(PLCCIndicator);

Then use the "str" as you wish.

Regards

-Konstantinos

Super Contributor

Hi Amarnath,

Could you please try below approach for the issue:-

1. Format the excel cell and set as "Text". -> Right click on the cell->Format Cells->From Category->Select Text.
  2. And then in groovy code:- String localtyID = ${DataSource#Localty_ID}.

Hope, this can help you out. Let me know after you try this approach and send the screenshot of the error you get.

Contributor

this is working.

thanks.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors