Forum Discussion

Raju_Vusirikala
Contributor
16 years ago

composite project

Hi

We are using SoapUI 2.0.2 Pro.

From UserGuide documents we understood that by "Composite Project" we can store project at testcase level instead of whole single project for better SCM management with concurrent development of SoapUI project.

But I could not find that property at project level and no option available to create such property in my SoapUI 2.0.2 Pro.

Could you please help me how can we achieve this feature.

Thanks
Raju

10 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Raju,

sorry for the confusion, this functionality is available in the 2.5 beta version, not in 2.0.2, we will clarify the documentation on this..

Regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,

What is ETA for Soap 2.5 Pro GA Release?

To upgrade from Soap 2.0.2 Pro to Soap 2.5 Pro do we need pay again renew/upgration fee or it will be free of cost.

Thanks
    Raju.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

we will release beta2 next week hopefully, then another 2-3 weeks until final. There is no upgrade cost; your license gives you full access to all soapUI versions/upgrades during the licensing period.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,

I am using SoapUI Pro 2.5 beta1, I can able to save the project as composite project. And It is successfully generating packages for project, testsuite with respective settings.xml and  xxx.xml (TestCase) files

From the above generated/saved artifacts I can able to Import TestCases in to other existing testsuite, but not testsuite to other the existing project.

And I could not able import the project in to the new SoapUI workspace from the above artifacts  Could you helps us providing required steps.

Thanks
    Raju
  • Hi Ole,

With given nightly-build 2009-10-22, Importing of the project into new workspace is working fine, but Import TestSuite to the existing project is failing.

Thanks
    Raju.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Raju,

thanks for your feedback. In what way is it failing? Do you get any errors when trying to import the TestSuite in any of the logs? 

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,

1. On Right Click of the project - Pop up Menu is shown
    2. From Pop up Menu Selected  "Import Test Suite"
    3."Choose Test Suite to import" dialog is shown.
    4. For "File Name" Choose  folder Name of the Test Suite to be imported, similar to importing project.

I am Expecting is it should allow me to provide the Test Suite folder name and it will import all the test cases under that test suite.

Actual: "Choose Test Suite to import" is not allowing me to select the test suite folder.

Let me know if we need to follow differently for test suite importing or it is the bug in the "Choose Test Suite to Import".

Thanks
    Raju
    Robert_Nemet
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Raju,

"Import Test Suite" works only if test suite is first exported by "Export". You can not import composite test suites. That is why it is asking for files only.

Robert.
  • Thanks Robert,

TestSuite Import working fine with already Exported Test Suite.

Thanks
    Raju.