Forum Discussion

LZhang
Frequent Contributor
16 years ago

automatic update to test requests in refactoring definition

Per your email dated

"Hi Li,

Thanks for your mail! The refactoring wizard has been modified in the 2.0.3 release to allow adding new elements/attributes with a default value, please try this out in the 2.0.3 pre-release available at http://www.soapui.org/download/soapUI-P ... taller.exe (backup your projects first!) and let me know how this works. As stated previously, this functionality will have to be added during the refactoring phase, since it is only then when both the new and old WSDLs are available, which are both required to do this.

Regards!

/Ole
Eviware.com"

Ali, Junaid, and I tried this out in refactoring definition and found that, unless we do a "edit manually", there's no way we can automatically update all the test requests in the case of adding new element.  For example, the new build in the WSDL contains a new element called "UserDefinedChannel" in CreateMSGrid method.  I want to AUTOMATICALLY add this new element into all the CreateMSGrid test requests without affecting/modifying my existing data values.  Refactoring doesn't allow me to do that.  What I did currently was to edit the test requests one by one, very tedious.  I looked over the online tutorial too but there was nothing about "automatic update test requests" in refactoring.

Could you please add the automatic update test requests in refactoring as a new feature?

Test requests should be updated according to below:

Elements in old/new WSDL definitions

old Build 9:    A, B, C, F, G  (D, E removed by the tester)
new Build 10:  A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I (H, I are new elements)

When you do an automatic shuffle of request (in case of new elements being added/removed) to all test requests in refactoring definition, ONLY H, I should be added to the test requests, all values of existing elements in build 9 should remain intact/unchanged and elements D, E should NOT be added back in because they are removed in build 9.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,
Li

1 Reply

Lars
    Contributor
    Hi Li,

Have you tried Set Value? You should not edit the requests manually.
    I post 2 screenshots that shows how this works.

Regards,
    Lars,
    eviware.com