Forum Discussion

10 years ago

XmlValueDisconnectedException caused by reordering testsuite

I consistently get a crash with following UI redraw issues. Only solution is to close Soap UI (changes are lost) after trying to reorder a testsuite in Soap UI Pro 5.1.2 (64-bit).
The exception as pasted below gets printed in soapui-errors.log:

Please let me know if you need the project file and/or properties or something else to fix this

BR Kristian

--
2014-09-30 12:28:37,856 ERROR [errorlog] org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlValueDisconnectedException
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlValueDisconnectedException
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.check_orphaned(XmlObjectBase.java:1244)
at com.eviware.soapui.config.impl.ModelItemConfigImpl.getId(ModelItemConfigImpl.java:300)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.AbstractWsdlModelItem.getId(AbstractWsdlModelItem.java:144)
at com.eviware.soapui.model.support.ModelSupport.findModelItemById(ModelSupport.java:109)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.assertions.support.AssertionEntry.getSource(SourceFile:203)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.assertions.support.AssertionEntry.<init>(SourceFile:86)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.AssertionTestStep.a(SourceFile:73)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.AssertionTestStep.resetConfigOnMove(SourceFile:534)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCase.resetConfigOnMove(WsdlTestCase.java:836)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlTestSuite.resetConfigOnMove(WsdlTestSuite.java:688)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject.moveTestSuite(WsdlProject.java:1966)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.dnd.handlers.TestSuiteToTestSuiteDropHandler.moveTestSuite(TestSuiteToTestSuiteDropHandler.java:135)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.dnd.handlers.TestSuiteToTestSuiteDropHandler.moveBefore(TestSuiteToTestSuiteDropHandler.java:114)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.dnd.handlers.TestSuiteToTestSuiteDropHandler.moveBefore(TestSuiteToTestSuiteDropHandler.java:29)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.dnd.handlers.AbstractModelItemDropHandler.move(AbstractModelItemDropHandler.java:197)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.dnd.handlers.AbstractModelItemDropHandler.drop(AbstractModelItemDropHandler.java:184)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.dnd.handlers.AbstractModelItemDropHandler.drop(AbstractModelItemDropHandler.java:26)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.dnd.SoapUIDragAndDropHandler$SoapUIDropTargetListener.drop(SoapUIDragAndDropHandler.java:392)
at java.awt.dnd.DropTarget.drop(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer.processDropMessage(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer$EventDispatcher.dispatchDropEvent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer$EventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processDropTargetEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

--

16 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

This is strange behavior, can you please share your project with us so that we can try to reproduce this. Thanks.

Regards,
    Temil
      cauvery
      Contributor

I am seeing this issue frequently now in Ready API 1.8.5.  And I cannot open the test step editor. When try to open the test step editor I see this error in Ready! API log in the UI.

I see it is caused mostly by reordering test steps or test cases.

The workaround is to exit and reopen Ready API, but the unsaved changes are lost.

Please let me know if this is fixed SmartBear_Suppo

Thank you,

Cauvery.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Is it that project is build on lower versions and having problem opening in recent versions?
      cauvery
      Contributor

SmartBear_Suppo I have the steps recorded to reproduce this issue in my case. Please let me know where to email it.

Thank you.

cauvery
        Contributor

I see the error in TestSuiteListener.testStepMoved  which is leading to XmlValueDisconnectedException. Attached the screenshot of the ReadyApi logs.

CroakSplat
    Occasional Contributor

So...two months later...is there a known fix to this issue? I'm getting the same error. Namely, I'm using SoapUI Pro 5.1.2 and the error shows up when I attempt to rearrange TestSteps in at least one TestCase. The issue seemed to appear after I added a new assertion TestStep. But it wasn't the first assertion TestStep I've added (neither in the current TestCase nor elsewhere in the TestSuite), so I'm not sure what could possibly have been special about this attempt. I'm not able to give details of the exact project, but it sounds like you were already given some sample data to work with so hopefully that's enough.

Edit: I guess that while the thread is two years old, the useful feedback to SmartBear is only two months old. I edit my angst.

cauvery
      Contributor

TanyaYatskovska  I submitted the recording to reproduce this issue. I am seeing this issue frequently. Please let us know the update on this.

Thank you,

Cauvery.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Cauvery,

Thanks for contacting our Support Team. I'm sure they will do their best to assist you.