Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
16 years ago

XML File as a datasource ?

Is it possible to have an XML file as a datasource and then place assertions on the loaded XML file.

One of our database jobs creates some XML files on some network drive. I would like to check the contents of that XML file. If I can do this without writing some groovy code, that would be great.

Thanks

Ali

8 Replies

alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    I guess could this be moved to a feature request section then.  I would prefer not to write groovy scripts to create new assertions.

Thanks

Ali
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Ali,

yes.. we have discussed a "Property Assertion" teststep that would allow you to assert any property values with more complex assertion logic as well.. that would meet your requirements, right?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    Hi Robert,

I am trying to read in a xml file using file datasource but it does not work. Can you tell me how to read in a xml file.

Thanks

Ali
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    is there an email address I can send the my XML file that I am trying to read.

Maybe if you can create me a simple project with a test case that reads the XML file and places an assertion to check for a few elements in the XML file, that would be great.

Thanks

Ali