Forum Discussion

performerj
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Why does testsrunner.sh check X11 display status when in command line mode?

I encountered the call stack below when I tried to run a testrunner.sh from the command line in Linux (RHEL 7.3).

My question is why testrunner.sh should care about the setting of the $DISPLAY variable when you are running in command line mode and not requesting a UI session anyway?

I can circumvent the problem by doing an Xlaunch (activating Xming in the background on my Windows 7 client) or by entering the command unset DISPLAY on the command line, but why should this even be necessary?

Dave Jewell

Failed to create icon: java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using 'localhost:10.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
        at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.createGE(GraphicsEnvironment.java:103)
        at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:82)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser.<clinit>(JRStyledTextParser.java:88)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.<init>(JRBaseFiller.java:182)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.<init>(JRVerticalFiller.java:77)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.<init>(JRVerticalFiller.java:87)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.<init>(JRVerticalFiller.java:57)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.createFiller(JRFiller.java:142)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:78)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:624)
        at com.eviware.soapui.reporting.engine.jasper.GenerateJasperReport.generateJasperReport(GenerateJasperReport.java:291)
        at com.eviware.soapui.reporting.engine.jasper.JasperReportEngine$GeneratableJasperReport.generate(JasperReportEngine.java:113)
        at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.generateReports(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:283)
        at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.runTestCase(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:239)
        at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.SoapUITestCaseRunner.runRunner(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:430)
        at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.runRunner(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:98)
        at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.AbstractSoapUIRunner.run(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:257)
        at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.AbstractSoapUIRunner.runFromCommandLine(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:160)
        at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.init(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:82)
        at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.main(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:78)

No RepliesBe the first to reply