Forum Discussion

Sebastian_Vilst
Contributor
16 years ago

WSDL Refactoring problem - Not transforming message: Message did not match

Hi Ole,

I've just started using the 2.5 release version and I'm having some trouble with refactoring.
We have just changed our contracts and I'm trying to refactor from the old schema to the new.
Some of the methods are fine, but around ½ do not get refactored at all (keeping the old schema) and i see this message in the log:

Fri Nov 28 11:30:46 CET 2008:WARN:Not transforming message: Message did not match old schema

and

Fri Nov 28 11:30:46 CET 2008:WARN:null

At the same time, it seems to mess up my attachments. Some of them change from CONTENT to UNKNOWN after the refactor.
So it's actually a double problem: refactoring does not change the request message, but it does change the attachment type to unknown and

I'm attaching:
- project (in the 087 version)
- logs
- old schema 087 (export definiton)
- new schema 088
- screenshot (you can see the method I'm calling here. All test cases can run on my version 087 server)

I really hope you can help as I'm completely stuck and I'm running out of ideas to try.

Many Regards,

Sebastian

9 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for this, I'll try to reproduce right away.

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Lars
    Contributor
    How can I reproduce the attachment problem? I see that BasicHttpBinding_IRegimeConfigurationService SchemaPublish has an attachment. But I don't have the new WSDL for that service so I cannot refactor. Could you send the wsdl and related xsd's, or am I missing something? (You can email them to lars@eviware.com)

Thanks in advance,
    Lars
  • Lars wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

The requests have a wrong namespace. For instance, Calculation_About Request 1 has the following:
    http://ementor.dk/tas/operations/ESB/Ca ... 008/03/26/

But if I create a new request, it becomes:
    http://ementor.dk/tas/service/Calculati ... 008/03/26/

And this works fine in the refactoring.

You can try to update all namespaces in your requests manually before refactoring.

Aha, this makes sense. We probably have skipped a version or two for some reason, so that's why the old request does not have the old namespace, but instead an ehh.. extra-old namespace.
    Sounds like an easy fix for that, thanks
  • Lars wrote:

How can I reproduce the attachment problem? I see that BasicHttpBinding_IRegimeConfigurationService SchemaPublish has an attachment. But I don't have the new WSDL for that service so I cannot refactor. Could you send the wsdl and related xsd's, or am I missing something? (You can email them to lars@eviware.com)

Thanks in advance,
    Lars

I've only included the Calculationservice since it contains all the errors.
    I the attached screenshot, you can a method in the Calculationservice that has the attachment problem.

Before refactoring the attachment was fine and of type CONTENT, afterwards it was UNKNOWN. I've seen this change happen many times, but never before in such a consistent way, so i waited until i could reproduce for certain.

The testStep in the screenshot is "CalculationTemplate_Create - SimpleCalculation"

The WSDL and xsd's for that service is in the attachments for the first post

Is this what you needed?
  • By the way, when i see the

"Fri Nov 28 11:30:46 CET 2008:WARN:Not transforming message: Message did not match old schema"

message in the log, it does not say what message is affected. Could you expand the error message so i know which ones actually have the problem?