cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCF - how do I get it to work with SoapUI?

Contributor

WCF - how do I get it to work with SoapUI?

Dear Eviware,

I have used SoapUI with pleasure in the past on our Java projects. Now I wnat to see if i can use it on our .NET projects.

Our webservices are built using WCF on .NET 3.0 and the problem comes becuase we're using wsFederation to secure our webservices.
We have two STS (security token servers). The client asks for a SAML token from the first one, uses that to get at token from the second one, and uses to second one to actually call the service.

I've attached my WCF Client configuration file and the WSDL i use. I cannot figure out on my own what goes where in soapui, and I'm not even sure soapui supports this security model at all.

Can you help me, please?

Many Regards,
Jakob
6 REPLIES 6
Super Contributor

Re: WCF - how do I get it to work with SoapUI?

Hi Jakob,

It should be possible to create corresponding WSS settings in soapUI, but I'm not 100% sure. Would it be possible for you to intercept a SOAP message to this service from a working client (via the soapUI SOAP Monitor perhaps?) so we can see exactly how messages are encrypted, etc?

regards!

/Ole
eviware.com
Contributor

Hi Ole,

Thanks for the interest!
I will try to get a SOAP message captured and post it here. It will proably bee in 10 days or so, since I'm going on vacation

Regards,

Jakob
Super Contributor

Great!

Enjoy your vacation.. :-)

/Ole
eviware.com
Contributor

So sorry!
I got sidetracked on this one
We ended up making an insecure proxylayer that replicated the services we wanted, just without the security. It's messy to keep updated, but at least it works.

I'll go grab a capture at once
Contributor

Hmm, i was unable to get a sensible capture. I think our security is set up to not give a response if the security is enabled

My request was

POST /TAS.ServiceBus/FinanceESBService.svc HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: application/soap+xml;charset=UTF-8;action="ExchangeRateInfo_List"
User-Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0.1
Host: soaptest:8084
Content-Length: 548

CAP

to me it looks completely normal, and since we've found an alternative solution already you don't need to investigate
Super Contributor

ok.. thanks for digging in :-)

regards,

/Ole
eviware.com
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors