cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validations on MockService

Contributor

Validations on MockService

Hi,

I have the following testing structure, and I would appreciate some help with how to validate mock services incoming messages on SoapUI:

I am sending a SOAP message from soapui to simulate the client, it goes to my server which sends a 200OK response back to the soapui. Then, my server sends an action to a different server, which sends it back to a different client, which is a listener only, which I simulate using a mock service in soapui.

I have an automation tool that launches soapui from the command line, and then needs to validate the results(by looking at the log printed by soapui).

The problem I have is how to run validations on the incoming request to the soapui mock service? Since the soapui generic validations/assertions are made on the 200OK response.

I thought about maybe writing a script that will export the incoming message to a log file. Is that possible?

If anyone has a an idea that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

Re: Validations on MockService

Have you looked at the assertions types to validate the response? such as validate response or schema compliance?

Regards,
Rao.
Contributor

Yes, but it's not relevnat for this scenario. I am using assertions on the 1st request i send.

As i said, after that's being done, a server sends a different message to a different client(not the one that initiated the 1st request) which i use a soapui mock service to simulate. 

I need to do validations on the incoming message to the mock service.

Community Hero

Oh, i see. I was thinking about it from the client side. On the otherhand, you looking for mock service side. Right?

If you have the schema, then you should be able to validate the request.

See if this is helpful?
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/xsd/xsd_validation.htm

Regards,
Rao.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors