Forum Discussion

Knowledge
Contributor
9 years ago

Validations on MockService

Hi,

I have the following testing structure, and I would appreciate some help with how to validate mock services incoming messages on SoapUI:

I am sending a SOAP message from soapui to simulate the client, it goes to my server which sends a 200OK response back to the soapui. Then, my server sends an action to a different server, which sends it back to a different client, which is a listener only, which I simulate using a mock service in soapui.

I have an automation tool that launches soapui from the command line, and then needs to validate the results(by looking at the log printed by soapui).

The problem I have is how to run validations on the incoming request to the soapui mock service? Since the soapui generic validations/assertions are made on the 200OK response.

I thought about maybe writing a script that will export the incoming message to a log file. Is that possible?

If anyone has a an idea that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Have you looked at the assertions types to validate the response? such as validate response or schema compliance?
      Knowledge
      Contributor

Yes, but it's not relevnat for this scenario. I am using assertions on the 1st request i send.

As i said, after that's being done, a server sends a different message to a different client(not the one that initiated the 1st request) which i use a soapui mock service to simulate. 

I need to do validations on the incoming message to the mock service.