I have a common data set of products that I want to pass in to 2 projects in to SoapUIPro. The problem is each project has a different WSDL and very different structure but the end result should be the same 'cost' when looking for the same product. Why? This is because we have an API to allow customers to search for products and have had to create a 2nd version with a completely different WSDL to enable customers who have connected via a different structure in the past.
1. I want to create a Source using an SQL Query with the name of a Supplier and a name of a product
2. I want to pass these 2 values in to WSDL 1 - This will return to me a price in an element called <Buy>
- I know how to do this much -
3. Now I want to take that same Supplier/product combination and send it to a different project (which contains WSDL.
This will return to me a price in an element called <Cost>
4. Ideally, then I would like to compare the result from WSDL 1 - <Buy> and WSDL 2 <Cost> in real time during my test.
Any recommendations on best approach. I can't write Groovy so it would need to be done in SoapUI Pro or I assume by dumping the results to a file and comparing after I had run the test in both schemas.
Hey, You can call the project names using groovy code, get the same supplier/product combination and send it to property testStep and use property transfer test step to transfer the data.
You help me with the proper data and steps,, I will provide you pseudo code.
Hi mate - thanks for the offer. I may still need your help but for now I found a solution I can use via ReadyAPI. I simply added the 2 WSDL's to the same project (didn't realize I could do this) so they are now sharing the same data source and i can write assertions to compare values in both.