Forum Discussion

maximojo
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago

Use javascript or groovy?

Hi all,

I'm just starting out with Ready API and wondering if it's better to use Groovy or Javascript? Are both equally well supported across the Ready API suite? Groovy has been used in SoapUI for longer so I thought that might be the more battle tested of the two.

Also from this post (though old) indicates Groovy is backwards compatible with Java which would be nice to have

http://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-NG/Can-I-use-Java-Code-instead-of-JavaScript-in-JavaScript-Test/m-p/23544#M11201

Thanks for any help

m

1 Reply

kondasamy
    Regular Contributor

You already found the right cause! Here is the text which is taken from SoapUI's website - SoapUI provides extensive options for scripting, using either Groovy or Javascript (since SoapUI 3.0) as its scripting language, which to use is set a the project level in the project details tab at the bottom left. The majority of the documentation available here will be for the Groovy language, as it greatly simplifies the scripting of Java APIs (you can get more information, tutorials, etc on the Groovy Web Site).

So, obviously I would suggest you to go for GROOVY! :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Samy

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others, Thanks. ↓↓↓