Forum Discussion

agubba
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Unable to connect to Teradata database from Ready API

I am trying to connect to teradata database from ready api(soap ui pro). I have placed the required tdgssconfig,terajdbc4 jar files in smartbear\readyapi-2.1.0\bin\ext folder. Here are the Driver a...
    5 years ago

Hi agubba 

the connection string details shouldn't be determined by SoapUI/ReadyAPI! - the connection string details (the parameters included within the connection string) are based on your Teradata instance.

The warning you are getting appears to indicate the connection string is incorrect relative to your instance.

You need to double check the connection string details required for your instance.

When I setup a new database connection I always try and create a connection within a db interrogation tool (like DBVisualiser) that uses the JDBC connection string.  If I can connect via the DB interrogation tool, then I know any issues are definitively related to ReadyAPI!/SoapUI

I found the folllowing example on stackoverflow for Teradata

jdbc:teradata://xxx.xxxxxx.com/database=xxxxxx,USER=Rocket512,PASSWORD=aui8mn5,tmode=ANSI,charset=UTF8

this isn't necessarily correct relative to your instance

I found the following link that appears to list all the possible parameters that you may need in your connection string.  I'd go from here - but the easiest way to resolve this is to ask a DBA/Data Architect who should know the parms you need to add into your string.

cheers,

richie