Forum Discussion

EMC_Support
Contributor
10 years ago

URIException error while running loadtestRunner from cmdline

I am trying to set the properties from command line and run the loadtest using loadtestrunner.bat. But when I set the custom property by specifying the -D option, the run throws the follow stack trace and error. Here is the request that is sent out

13:26:40,497 DEBUG [SoapUIMultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$SoapUIDefaultClientConnection] Sending request: GET /alerts-edaa/msa/alerts/types/ManagedAlert/instances?alt=json HTTP/1.1

and the error is

nu.xom.MalformedURIException: Double slash (//) in path
at nu.xom.Verifier.throwMalformedURIException(Verifier.java:161)
at nu.xom.Verifier.checkPath(Verifier.java:396)
at nu.xom.Verifier.checkAbsoluteURIReference(Verifier.java:907)
at nu.xom.Element._setNamespaceURI(Element.java:869)
at nu.xom.Element.setNamespaceURI(Element.java:852)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.handlers.JsonXmlSerializer.processJSONObject(JsonXmlSerializer.java:1159)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.handlers.JsonXmlSerializer.write(JsonXmlSerializer.java:721)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.handlers.JsonXmlSerializer.write(JsonXmlSerializer.java:676)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.handlers.JsonMediaTypeHandler.createXmlRepresentation(JsonMediaTypeHandler.java:55)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.http.BaseHttpResponse.getContentAsXml(BaseHttpResponse.java:435)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.RestTestRequestStep.propertyChange(RestTestRequestStep.java:481)
at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.fire(Unknown Source)
at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
at com.eviware.soapui.model.support.AbstractModelItem.notifyPropertyChanged(AbstractModelItem.java:85)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractHttpRequest.setResponse(AbstractHttpRequest.java:732)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.RestTestRequest.setResponse(RestTestRequest.java:138)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.RestTestRequestStep.run(RestTestRequestStep.java:922)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.runTestStep(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:235)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.runCurrentTestStep(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:48)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:148)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:43)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:135)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.loadtest.WsdlLoadTestRunner$InternalTestCaseRunner.run(WsdlLoadTestRunner.java:544)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This happens only when I send the query for json format. When I run the same test using the SoapUI gui, it runs fine without any errors. This is the command line I execute.
call "C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-Pro-4.6.4\bin"\loadtestrunner.bat -e${#Project#BASE_URL} -hitops-qa-153:8080 -s"Simple Instance Get" -c"Simple Instance GET" -l "Simple Get Loadtest 25 User 25 per Sec" -r -FPDF -R"LoadTest Report" -fC:\tmp\LoadUI\Get_JSON__25_25 -Dsoapui.properties=C:\work\UIAlerts\LoadTest\sopaui_json.properties Z:\svn\UIAlerts\main\alerts\alerts-it\src\test\resources\Alerts-edaa-Simple-Gets-soapui-project.xml >> c:\tmp\loadUI\1.out

I set the custom propery based on the documentation @ http://www.soapui.org/Scripting-Propert ... rties.html
Here is my properties file with a one line entry
test.alt.property=json

and I have the custom property value for alt set as ${test.alt.property}. I get the requests properly in the tomcat server and it seems to be returning 200. There were 746 requests sent by the loadtest and I have 749 stacks of the above error. Would this be related to the same issue discussed @ http://forum.soapui.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 52&p=54439 ? I am using SoapUI Pro 4.6.4

11 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Are you able to post your JSON that is having this problem?

The forum link you referenced (viewtopic.php?f ... 52&p=54439) is a confirmed bug.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
  • I am attaching the response I get during the run. I am also seeing that running at higher number of users causes the SoapUI to hog memory and then run out of memory. I had set 8 GB of memory for SoapUI.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

The response you have is one line of very large JSON data. Can you confirm the JSON is valid? Are you receiving all the JSON in your response in SoapUI Pro? I tried to validate your response with http://jsonlint.com/ and it hung the browser, besides the fact it hangs my text editor as well.

I am also seeing that running at higher number of users causes the SoapUI to hog memory and then run out of memory.

Please see this link on memory management with load testing.
    http://www.soapui.org/Working-with-soap ... mory-usage

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
  • The reason is that there are multiple requests from the load test run. I modified the load test script to run only one and I am attaching the results which is much smaller. The same test runs fine from the soapUI pro. The file response_UI is the response o/p from the soapUI pro UI and response_script is from the loadtestRunner.bat run. The file 1.out is the soapUI o/p and the file 2.out is the stack trace for the same run I did using the cmdline. I have the same number of users running for tests without JSON which are working fine and do not run out of memory. I did a diff on the response o/p and they are the same.
  • I tried with 5.0 with the same results as well. It throws out the same exception.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the error you are getting. I used your JSON data in a REST mock service and did not get any exceptions. This only occurs when using a load test? If so, please specify the options you have for your load test case (such as strategy, number of threads, etc).

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
      Hebla
      Occasional Contributor

Did you find a solution for the .MalformedURIException: Double slash (//) in path error? I am seeing this in my soapui project as well. Both in soapUI, and when running it commandline with maven.