Forum Discussion

sandy55432
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.

Getting error as : This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. 

Everything is in place,  the sqljdbc42.jar in C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.8.0\bin\ext path 

But still its throwing that error.

• Hi sandy55432

You're talking about using an RDBMS's .jar file to support a db connection, right? If thata the case, you need to setup your db connection first.

If thats the case theres a number of things you need to consider.

1. the above mentioned error message can occur if you try to run a Java instance using a driver with the wrong 'bit type' (sorry - dont know the correct term here) .  That is, you need to ensure you have a Java instance relative to your machines bit type for want of a better phrase - if you're using 64bit ReadyAPI! - you need to ensure you have 64bit not32bit  version of Java installed - if you're using 32bit ReadyAPI! then you need 32bit Java installed - so have a look in your Program Files and Program Files (x86) directories - which one contains your ReadyAPI! instance then double check if the shortcut you are running ReadyAPI! from does point to the correct program files directory (64 or 32bit).  Next - open a command window - then at the prompt - execute 'java -version <RETURNKEY>' <--this will tell you what version of Java and whether it's 32 or 64bit.  I'd also just double check your Windows' 'Path' environment variable - you should have a pointer in your Path variable (which gets set when you install a JRE/JDK) to the JVM directory.

2. Identify the RDBMS and version you need to connect to...e.g. MS SQLServer 2018.

3. You need to determine which version of java runtime is required to connect via JDBC to your RDBMS, e.g. SQLServer 2018 supports jre8

4. Find out which driver .jar file is required to connect to your RDBMS

5. Install the correct jre and .jar file (e.g. MS SQLServer 2018 can use jre8 and so i installed JREv8.0 and picked up the mssql-jdbc-7.0.0.jer8.jar and stick it in ../bin/ext

6. I then launched the JDBC preferences and configure your db connection

N.b. i have always struggled to connect SQLServer using Windows Authentication or mixed mode....the only way i've ever got a connection was using SQL authentication.

Anyway...im assuming this will start you of in the right direction

Cheers

Rich

8 Replies

richie
      Community Hero

Hey Radford 

That was the original page I used to try and configure my SQLServer connection in March - but there's a LOT of missing info not present on that page which caused me no end of grief (as well as the versions of SQLServer supported via the resources available on the page only goes up to 2016) - this was why i didnt suggest it.

Just want to highlight that I'm not picking holes here at all fella - it's a fair point - but that page only gives you maybe a third of the info you need - especially as the detail is actually incorrect unless your instance of SQLServer is the very basic straight out the box setup, so I didn't want to confuse (any more than I do already!).

nice one,

rich

Radford
        Super Contributor

richie, no worries at all. I was unaware the page was lacking details, it's good to find out these things, thanks.

richie
    Community Hero

Hi sandy55432

You're talking about using an RDBMS's .jar file to support a db connection, right? If thata the case, you need to setup your db connection first.

If thats the case theres a number of things you need to consider.

1. the above mentioned error message can occur if you try to run a Java instance using a driver with the wrong 'bit type' (sorry - dont know the correct term here) .  That is, you need to ensure you have a Java instance relative to your machines bit type for want of a better phrase - if you're using 64bit ReadyAPI! - you need to ensure you have 64bit not32bit  version of Java installed - if you're using 32bit ReadyAPI! then you need 32bit Java installed - so have a look in your Program Files and Program Files (x86) directories - which one contains your ReadyAPI! instance then double check if the shortcut you are running ReadyAPI! from does point to the correct program files directory (64 or 32bit).  Next - open a command window - then at the prompt - execute 'java -version <RETURNKEY>' <--this will tell you what version of Java and whether it's 32 or 64bit.  I'd also just double check your Windows' 'Path' environment variable - you should have a pointer in your Path variable (which gets set when you install a JRE/JDK) to the JVM directory.

2. Identify the RDBMS and version you need to connect to...e.g. MS SQLServer 2018.

3. You need to determine which version of java runtime is required to connect via JDBC to your RDBMS, e.g. SQLServer 2018 supports jre8

4. Find out which driver .jar file is required to connect to your RDBMS

5. Install the correct jre and .jar file (e.g. MS SQLServer 2018 can use jre8 and so i installed JREv8.0 and picked up the mssql-jdbc-7.0.0.jer8.jar and stick it in ../bin/ext

6. I then launched the JDBC preferences and configure your db connection

N.b. i have always struggled to connect SQLServer using Windows Authentication or mixed mode....the only way i've ever got a connection was using SQL authentication.

Anyway...im assuming this will start you of in the right direction

Cheers

Rich

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    What is the data base version that you are trying to connecting to?

Full stacktrace of the error please?

Appreciate If you can show the screen shot of jdbc configuation in SoapUI.
    Were you able to connect the database from other clients? And are you using the same connection string in SoapUI and still failing to connect?

Are you using jdbc test step?

Are you open to use groovy script step instead of jdbc step?
      Olga_T
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all your comments!

sandy55432, have you found a solution? Did any of the above help? 

Olga_T
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi all,

I've submitted a request to our documentation team for them to consider improving the article by adding these troubleshooting steps.