Forum Discussion

AngieD18
Contributor
9 years ago

TestCase with Excel DataSource - TestCase Ends Prematurely

Hi.  I have a great SoapUI NG TestCase written.  It takes data from an Excel spreadsheet via a DataSource step, updates the request and checks the response.  The only problem I have is that not all of the rows of data in the Excel spreadsheet are processed.  For example the current project I am testing has 215 rows of data in the Excel spreadsheet.  I ran my SoapUI NG TestCase and it finished after processing row 142.  I reran it and they all ran.  There are no empty rows in the spreadsheet.  I am not seeing any errors in soapUI NG.  The TestCase is finishing like normal.  To get all of the rows processed I rerun the TestCase.  This is something that is occurring several times a day.  It never stops on the same row.  Why does this happen?  Has anyone else seen this?

Thank you,

Angie

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Angie,

From my understanding, the behavior you describe is strange. I would recommend that you contact our Ready! API Customer Care Team and provide them with your Excel file - they will analyze it and try to reproduce the behavior in their test lab. You can contact them here:

https://support.smartbear.com/product-list/

• If you are familiar with groovy and jxl, you could try using jxl libraries to achieve this.You get more flexibility of handling data if done that way and none of the rows gets missed.