Forum Discussion

faisalkarim
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Test runner license issue

Hi,

After I upgraded to latest version of SoapUI Pro 5.1.1, I am having the following issue when I run the test from command line (related to license agreement). I tried uninstall SoapUI entirely and add license after installation. Still I see the issue. Any thoughts? Really urgent issue.

*************************************************************************************
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Since it's your first time running the TestRunner since installing a new license,
you will need to accept the end user license agreement.
Please read it through carefully and review the conditions
*************************************************************************************

View license agreement now? [y/N]: - An error occurred [java.util.NoSuchElementException], see error log for details
- java.util.NoSuchElementException
java.util.NoSuchElementException
at java.util.Scanner.throwFor(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Scanner.next(Unknown Source)
at com.eviware.soapui.CommandLineUtils.userConfirmsToYesNoPrompt(SourceFile:105)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.protection.SoapuiProtectionSupport.promptUserForLicenseAgreement(SourceFile:356)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.protection.SoapuiProtectionSupport.checkLicense(SourceFile:327)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.protection.ProtectionLicense.checkLicense(SourceFile:149)
at com.eviware.soapui.LicenseHandling.a(SourceFile:91)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.init(SourceFile:67)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.main(SourceFile:62)
java.util.NoSuchElementException
at java.util.Scanner.throwFor(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Scanner.next(Unknown Source)
at com.eviware.soapui.CommandLineUtils.userConfirmsToYesNoPrompt(SourceFile:105)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.protection.SoapuiProtectionSupport.promptUserForLicenseAgreement(SourceFile:356)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.protection.SoapuiProtectionSupport.checkLicense(SourceFile:327)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.protection.ProtectionLicense.checkLicense(SourceFile:149)
at com.eviware.soapui.LicenseHandling.a(SourceFile:91)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.init(SourceFile:67)
- An error occurred [C:\Users\msautotestuser\.soapui\soapui.lic (The system cannot find the file specified)], see error log for details
- java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\msautotestuser\.soapui\soapui.lic (The system cannot find the file specified)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\msautotestuser\.soapui\soapui.lic (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.eviware.soapui.LicenseHandling.a(SourceFile:532)
at com.eviware.soapui.LicenseHandling.validateLicense(SourceFile:496)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.testRunnerLicenseIsValid(SourceFile:116)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.init(SourceFile:77)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\msautotestuser\.soapui\soapui.lic (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.eviware.soapui.LicenseHandling.a(SourceFile:532)
at com.eviware.soapui.LicenseHandling.validateLicense(SourceFile:496)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.testRunnerLicenseIsValid(SourceFile:116)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.init(SourceFile:77)

SOAPUI PRO LICENSE IS CORRUPTED
Please follow the instructions at
http://www.soapui.org/Licenses/license-corrupted.html +
on how to install a valid license
Shutting down...

6 Replies

faisalkarim
    Occasional Contributor
    TestRunner is running the test using same user as the SoapUI Pro was installed with. I just confirmed. Additionally, I want to add that it's not that test is not running at all. Tests are running after I accept the License Agreement manually. But it comes back again and again.
    faisalkarim
    Occasional Contributor
    Why test runner looking for the old license? -

C:\Users\msautotestuser\.soapui\soapui.lic
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

It looks for the license C:\Users\msautotestuser\.soapui\ because thats where it saves it. Do you currently have a .lic or .key license? .lic licenses are no longer supported and if this is the case, that is why you are receiving the error message. Otherwise please let me know so that I can do some further investigation on this issue.

Regards,
    Temil
    faisalkarim
    Occasional Contributor
    I have .key and have always used .key license in that machine. I don't know why it is looking for .lic license. If you share your contact information I can send you the license information (both initial and renewed) if it helps.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Please keep in mind that the license ties to the User and machine, if you are running testrunner under a different user it will not be able to pick up the license. If you are still confused or still having issues please open up a case Here: http://www.soapui.org/Support/support-overview.html and send all your info. I will pick it up and work on it.

Regards,
    Temil