Forum Discussion

JMcKinley
Contributor
16 years ago

Test case failure - even whan all steps have been disabled

I'm new to SOAP UI Pro... I just tried to run a test case and got an error message. The error message indicated to look at the error log but there wasn't any messages in the error log (however, the run had a message "failed without assertions".

I then disabled ALL test steps (thinking that if there was a problem with a test step, I could start enabling them one at a time to see what the problem step was).

Even with all test steps disabled, I still got the same error...

I did run a simple test case some time ago and don't recall getting errors.

At any rate, any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

sounds strange! Can you mail me a screenshot of this? And/or your project-file so I can try to reproduce? (ole@eviware.com)

Thanks in advance!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Update:

I created a new Test Case, ran it without any test steps in it and it did not produce an error.

I then "cloned" all the test steps from the one that was not working into this new one and it works just fine.

I have no idea why the other test case does not work... it seems like a problem with that test case alone.
  • Update # 2:

This morning, I tried running the old test case that was not working and it worked as well.

I have no idea why it did not work on Friday 

At this point, it appears to be a non-issue... at least there is nothing to reproduce.

I will contact you again if the issue reoccurs.

Thanks for your reply!!
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

ok, thanks for keeping me posted!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com