Forum Discussion

jbuttimer
Contributor
9 years ago

Test Runner command line for Ready API

I have two automated scripts that I am trying to run from Test Runner command line. The test suite has two suites. The first suite sets up the data for the test. The second uses that data from the setup. To easily pass the data from one to the other I am writing the data to the  global properties, then reading them in the second suite.

My question is do I need to put in a command line parameter to reflect this? If so, can you show me an example? 

Here's my command line

"C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-1.4.0-m-SNAPSHOT\bin\testrunner.bat" -sInventoryTestDataSetup -r -f"C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\Soap Reports" -R"Data Export" -E"Default environment" -tC:\Users\XXXX\soapui-settings.xml C:\Development\AutomatedTesting\SoapUI\SoapUIProjects\QA\v0100-XXXX\v0100XXXX-Inventory-soapui-project.xml

I've replaced itentifying information with XXXX

ETA: The reason for the question is that running through Ready API all tests pass. Running through command line they fail.

3 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Trying to understand the question. Here is what I get out it.
    Currently a project contains two suites. And you are able to run them without any problem from UI, right?
    Now if you run the same from commandline, that is not working. Is this what your question is about?
        kondasamy
        Regular Contributor

Just want to confirm! Do you tried running the desired testsuite using the UI action "Launch TestRunner" option? Could you please check and let us know the result! Though there is no difference as you explained using Command line option, I specifically feel there should be problem with transition of Global properties!

Also, I guess the below switches could solve your problem,

-G : Sets global property with name=value

-t : Sets the soapui-settings.xml file to use, required if you have custom proxy, ssl, http, etc setting

More details in the below link,

http://www.soapui.org/test-automation/running-functional-tests.html

Thanks,

Samy