Forum Discussion

lauravachon
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Suppressing info logging when using a maven plugin

Hello,

I am using the ready-api maven plugin to run tests. I have a composite project. I am trying to supress the logging and output file creation because it is filling up the filesystem on our jenkins build slave.

<logger name="com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner" level="warn"
additivity="false">
<appender-ref ref="STDOUT"/>
</logger>

Here is what I have tried, none of which seems to supress the info logging:

- logback.xml in src/main/java/resources <- set the log level to warn for the SoapUIProTestCaseRunner

- logback.xml in src/test/java/resources <- set the log level to warn for the SoapUIProTestCaseRunner

- soapui-log4j.xml in src/main/java/resources <- set the log level to warn for the SoapUIProTestCaseRunner

- soapui-log4j.xml in src/test/java/resources <- set the log level to warn for the SoapUIProTestCaseRunner

I am wondering why the project is not picking up the logging level when I build it.

We do not have the acess to SOAP_UI home directory to install the logging configuration there. So, that is not an option for us.

9 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    change level value to "error" and see.
    Olga_T
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for reaching out, lauravachon .

Community, does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Olga_T
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi lauravachon ,

I have noticed the cool tips you have recently posted in the ReadyApi maven plugin tips topic. Thank you for those links!
      Could you please clarify whether they are somehow related to this current question? Do you still need any assistance here?

lauravachon
        Contributor

Yes, I still need assistance here. We cannot modify the files in the soapui install directory, so we are not able to edit the soapui-log4j.xml file that lives there. All of the other plugins that we are using allow the user to specify logging settings in the project. And those logging properties files have precedence over the default plugin values.

The other posting was not related. I was just so happy to get those awesome links that I wanted to share.