Forum Discussion

Ronnie_A_Jones
Occasional Contributor
17 years ago

Support for SoapUI Pro

I'm interested in purchasing a number of copies of SoapUI Pro and I need to understand the type of support that comes with SoapUI.

Is access for support only through the forum or is there a real person to talk too?

If a bug is found, what is the turn-around time for a fix and what is the vehicle for delivering a fix?

After the 1 year support agreement has expired, will the SoapUI usage license expires as well? 

Is there a Eviware sale representative that I can talk too?

Thanks...

1 Reply

• Hi!

I'll answer the questions in order to the best of my abilities:

Support.
    Support is available through the forums or by e-mail. In the license we do not supply personal support unfortunately, that would make the license considerably more costly, but through partners you can purchase gold support packages. We are also known to be generous to customers who buy a number of copies  . We'd like to think that our support is pretty good and we are dedicated to delivering support so good it makes you want to want to extend the license for another year.

Bug fixes
    We'll give you a totally honest answer here. If the bug is considered less than critical, you will probably have to wait a few weeks. But if a bug is considered critical we will work with you to get it fixed within a week, often less. What we hope to get from you is a kind of acceptance testing or a confirmation that the solution worked. This fix will be delivered by mail or available by ftp. We will occasionally (twice this year) release minor releases containing bug fixes and minor updates, as we will release betas and snapshots. The last snapshot was November 20:th and since then we have released two betas, minor fixes, one major release and two minor releases. While we do not strive for that kind of breakneck pace, soapUI releases will be more fluent than general software. This due to us being test driven developers ourselves. Ours software downloads page is here http://www.eviware.com/content/blogsection/12/58/

The subscription based model.
    Yes, soapUI is software as a service. We will not leave you out to dry though. What happens after a year is that support expires as well as the Commercial editing functionality in soapUI Pro will stop working. You can however still run any tests created in soapUI indefinitely both within the graphical interface without a license and from our server runners. Tests can be edited from our Open Source Version of soapUI. This means your tests will always work.

Sales Representatives
    Certainly! We always love hearing from the Web Service Community. Even if you choose not to buy our product the experience is always rewarding. (That sounded cheesy didn't it? But I meant it, it's exciting, we learn so much from you guys). Send an e-mail to me (niclas(at)eviware.com) and we'll get a conversation going and set up a call as well if you'd like to.

niclas
    eviware.com